Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dear Liam...

You are taking forever. Well, I guess YOU aren't taking forever but rather my body is. I guess you're catching a lot of slack from us impatient outsiders. Everytime you roll or push, I wonder if you're miserable all cramped up or cozy? Well, Mommy is miserable... mentally and physically. I am so anxious to see your precious face. Don't tell Daddy but I really hope you have MY eyes. You can have everything else of his... especially his heart and his strength. I hope you're a Daddy's boy. He cant wait to throw ball around in the backyard with you. Neither your father nor I have ever broken a bone but I just know the day will come when you do. I don't think I'll be able to handle it! Daddy will be amazing in times like that. He's very calm. I picture you as a jokester... always saying something silly whether you knew it or not. I bet you'll love to make people laugh. Sorry to say it, but you'll probably need glasses... and braces... and acne medication by the time you're 12. You're being born into a wonderfully loving family but we don't have the best genes. :) All that will pass and everytime I look at you, I will be blown away at how you are an extension of your father and I; a product of our love and nearly 10 year journey. Everything you do will make our lives richer. I wonder what your laugh sounds like or if you'll bite your nails like Mommy does. (I hope not) Daddy is good at Math and Mommy is good at English so either way you go, you should have some pretty effective help with homework. We'll let the dog eat anything science related :). Oh yeah, you have a dog. Her name is Annie and since she's been our only baby for 7 years, I don't think she's so thrilled about your arrival. She'll come around though, and eventually be as protective of you as I am. Just a heads up, she really doesn't like her hair pulled. Just another day passes as I await the 'true' laborious contractions. But, you have 5 more days and then we're coming to get you. So memorize what my heartbeat sounds like and I'll memorize your kicks, but soon I'll be able to hold your hand, kiss your face, and most importantly... watch your father fall in love with someone other than me. I love you, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious Chelsey! I got all teary-eyed. Regardless who he looks like, (whether you are Matt), he'll be handsome as ever! I hear labor comes when you least expect...so...I guess don't expect it?! =) You two are going to be the best parents!

    ReplyDelete