Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 38

We've made it to week 38 and I am waiting patiently getting very anxious! Waiting is the worst, and I don't know why we do? He is going to come at some point so why isn't it easy to just sit back and wait for that day? I'm trying to cherish every last moment Matt and I have together, just as the two of us, but we are so excited to see our baby boy, its hard! Honestly, Liam's timing is perfect so far. This weekend we are going to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary!! And its a blessing he hasn't come before now because this will be our last official date night for a while. Full of shopping, dinner, and a movie just for the two of us. Yes, I may be a waddling whale and exhausted by 8pm, but I can't wait! I think deep down inside, Liam knows what he's doing :)
And.... our choice of movie.... so perfect:
What To Expect When You're Expecting


So, with that being said, my state of mind is as follows:
Step 1: Make it to Saturday to enjoy a nice day full of celebrating our marriage and spoiling each other for the last time in our lives.
Step 2: Make it to Monday morning so we can attend our doctor's appointment and hopefully find out we've progressed a bit!
Step 3: Make it to Wednesday where I can feel like I accomplished a milestone of "39 weeks"

How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Maternity clothes? yup.
Stretch Marks? Not yet.... then again, I can't see much of the bottom half of my body.
Sleep: Actually, not bad. I started icing my hips before bed which has helped with the pain!
Best moment this week: When this old, elderly couple actually beat me walking into church on Sunday morning. I guess I've slowed down more than I thought.
Movement: yes, but he's calming down a bit. It's more 'bulging' now than anything else.
Food cravings: Just chocolate. And I really want steak and shrimp from Red Lobster...
Labor signs: Well I have been having irregular contractions at night time, every night since last Thursday. But last night I felt NONE. SO ... as of now. No.
Belly button in or out: Still out.. and flat. A friend best described it as the bottom of a balloon... ha
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Mood: Some people at work said I was cranky yesterday... Woops. I think I'm pretty much the same but my patience is wearing a bit thin.
Milestones: Making it through the weekend since everyone from our work places assured us we wouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment