Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 36


Well here we are, just counting down the days until little Liam's arrival. We are 36 weeks and 5 days today and our doctor's appointment went smoothly this morning. I thought I woke up last night with a contraction but after it went away, nothing else followed. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious. I prayed the other day for the Lord to help me remember to cherish these last few weeks rather than wishing them away. I know I'll have little Liam to look after all my life but only 3 weeks left to have him in my belly.
Something I can't wait to see.... are his movements. He is moving less and less lately but he does (what I think to be) a stretching out of his legs which pushes his bottom into my ribs and a heel into my side. As much as it makes me cringe, I love rubbing that little heel until it relaxes back into my belly. :) He also does a tapping movement. Strange I know.. its literally like a little woodpecker inside of me... I'm curious to see what he's actually doing once he is here with us in person.

I've started this new blog to not only keep friends and family updated, but as a journal for myself too. I'm horrible at actually writing things down and as these last few weeks pass, so many details will come and go. Like for instance, at 36 weeks exactly, we went for an ultrasound and found out Liam has a bit of hair! 
He is also head down and face down! 
AND, after a cervical exam, we are officially 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced! 
I haven't experienced any contractions but I have had mild menstrual cramping here and there. Is this a form of contractions? 

In the meantime, the hospital bag is packed, his car seat is installed and ready, all his clothes are washed in baby safe detergent, bassinet and changing area are set up and ready beside our bed, and I am mentally and physically ready for maternity leave from work! All the 'expected' items are checked off our to-do list. Now bring on the unexpected, the sleepless nights, the dirty diapers, the spit up, the hormonal roller coaster, and the broken vadge... I'm ready to see our little boy and all that comes with it!


Also, stay tuned for some maternity photos! Our wonderful photographer Blair Ramon out of the Wichita Falls, TX area did some wonderful work for us and we're just awaiting the c.d. of all the images. In the meantime..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment