Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week 39

I have to admit, I didn't think I would make it this far. Or rather, I hoped I wouldn't make it this far. I would have been fine with Liam making his grand appearance anywhere between 38-39 weeks. However, he has other plans. We now have 6 days until our due date and no signs of labor! We have done several of the old wives tales of inducing labor at home, however, no success! Silly tales! I'm okay with waiting; I know it will be so worth every anticipated moment when I finally hold him. I'm just anxious :) At our doctor's appointment this past Monday, (38 weeks and 5 days) we measured at 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. No huge change but the doctor was impressed that we had dilated an additional cm with no contractions or pain.  Then again, it could just be from Liam dropping significantly, almost overnight! I'll take it! I'd much rather have more bathroom visits rather than being short of breath due to him pressing against my lungs.
Now, I'm just excited because I know, worse case scenario, we will be induced on July 2nd (5 days after due date). Its nice to know, at some point, this child WILL be born!

My state of mind is as follows:
Step 1. Get through work today and tomorrow so we can chill out on the weekend, take long walks, and do our last bit of cleaning around the house!
Step 2. Get to Monday, our LAST doctor's appointment to see if we have dilated anymore. I will ask about her possibly stripping my membranes which I have heard, hurts like HECK but has a 1 in 5 chance of starting labor within 24 hrs! (much better alternative to apitocin induction) This way we can leave the doctors office, go back home and await the contractions, labor at home, and hopefully admit ourselves later that night or Tuesday.
Step 3. If my doctor refuses, then we make it to WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27th! Liam's due date, with no Liam. Still, monumental! And I guess I'll keep going to work until Thursday :/
Step 4. Matt's Mom, Dad, and Nana all arrive on Thursday, June 28th into the Wichita Falls airport. It will be great to have family here!
Step 5. My Mom will arrive on Sunday, July 1st!! Her first time seeing where Matt and I have made a home for ourselves
THEN....
Step 6. INDUCTION on Monday, July 2nd! and hopefully a sweet, healthy, baby boy will grace the world FINALLY!

I guess it helps for me to type it all out! Clears my head and gets my mind in perspective! I am so ready!

How far along? 39 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
Maternity clothes? yup.
Stretch Marks? Not yet.... just tons of cellulite!
Sleep: Yes, please!
Best moment this week: Reactions from strangers when they ask, "how much longer" and I reply, "next week"... and they step back and reply, "woah" as if my water could break all over them at any moment. 
Movement: Not very much, but he gets the hiccups a lot!
Food cravings: hmmm, nothing really?
Labor signs: During the 'new moon' I felt a LOT of pressure and cramping. I really thought that would be the night we went into labor... but ... nothing. And nothing since!
Belly button in or out: Still out.. and flat. 
Wedding rings on or off? on :)
Mood: Tired, bored, content. 
Milestones: Making it through this work week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment